2.3 (O) Summary
- Affirmations are a great tool to reinforce positivity in the body.
- Practice stating affirmations that will be helpful for you.
The Power and Benefits of Smiling and Laughter:
- When we are happy, we let go of the little things…we figure out what is important in our lives, and tension subsides.
- When we are happy we feel safe. When we feel safe, the body will not only let go of tension, but of anxiety, depression and any other negative aspect in life.
- Laughter really IS the best medicine.
- Smiling and laughter release endorphins, dopamine, and even serotonin into the body.
- A fake laugh can have the same benefits as a REAL laugh. The mind doesn’t know the difference.
Creating and Releasing Positive Energy:
- What defines us is NOT what we think about, but what we act upon.
- Be sure to be non-judgmental on questions asked about yourself. Be that outside observer looking in. You are not here to judge, but to gather information about yourself.
- Get to know how your body reacts, both physically and emotionally, when faced with certain questions or situations, as this is key to your own understanding.
- Challenges will always come, this you can be certain of, and when they do, we may lose that strength, confidence, courage and happiness in ourselves for a bit. But, when we train our brain to more easily recognize what strength, confidence, courage, and happiness feel like, we can refer to them a lot easier.
- We can’t control what life brings us, BUT we CAN control how we react to it!
- We can create positivity within ourselves, by simply combining the positive energy (that we create), with positive talk. This creates a perfect place to focus on building inner strength, confidence, courage, happiness, and joy!
Finding Inner Strength, Confidence, Courage, Happiness, and Joy:
- You can lack inner strength, confidence, courage and happiness when you suffer with anxiety.
- Practice the exercises daily to help promote more strength, confidence, courage and happiness in your life!
- Inner strength builds confidence. Inner strength and confidence builds courage. Inner strength, confidence and courage builds happiness.
How to Detect and Deflect Anxiety:
- Learning how to deflect anxiety or panic will take some time, so start using some tools to get you on your way. Stating affirmations, watching TV, listening to music, stretching, relaxation poses, and walking are a few ways to help lessen an attack.
- The earlier you can feel anxiety approaching, the earlier you can deflect it. Become familiar with how you body reacts when it starts to feel anxious. Tap into your body…
- The mind needs to be busy all the time. The more you keep it busy on productive things, the less time it will have to wander and worry.
- Getting involved with your community, starting a hobby, take on a fun job or volunteer, get out more with family and friends, and getting out into nature are key ways to help keep your mind busy, and away from anxious thoughts.
How to Deal with Challenges as they Arise:
- When challenges arise, try to stay as relaxed as possible, and breathe, as an anxious mind won’t always think clearly.
- We ALL have challenges. NOBODY is immune.
- No job or relationship is worth getting anxious or panicky over.
- Continue to practice daily, the exercises in this section, to build up your inner strength, confidence, courage, happiness, and joy.