1.6 (C) Summary
How Anxiety Can Develop and Build:
- "Where energy flows, the mind goes"
- The more attention you give something, the more the mind will settle into it.
- When the "fight or flight" response gets activated, muscles will contract to shield the body from a possible danger.
- It's one thing when we hold onto negative thoughts, it's another when we allow the thoughts to lead into a fear.
- The more muscle tension, the more sensations will be felt in the body.
- The more sensations, the more we may place a direct focus on the sensations.
- Health anxiety is a common form of anxiety, where a person focuses too much on sensations of the body, expressing fear that something is wrong with their health.
- Health anxiety can lead into a fear of bad health, which can create compulsive behavior.