1.1 (E) Summary
Definition of Anxiety:
- Anxiety is fear based.
- Anxiety is the body’s natural response to a fearful situation.
Difference Between Stress and Anxiety:
- Stress is self limited, where demands exceed what a person is capable of.
- Anxiety goes much deeper than stress, and has a prolonged effect.
- Anxiety can make you feel on edge, as though you've been drinking coffee all day long.
What Causes Anxiety / What Does Anxiety Cause:
- Besides stress; hormones, a magnesium deficiency, lack of sleep, drug or alcohol use, and stimulants can also cause anxiety.
- Cortisol is a stress hormone that is released when a person is stressed. This gives the person extra energy to get through a stressful situation. When a person is constantly stressed, additional energy can be felt, and can contribute to anxiety.
- Anxiety can cause the following: sleep disruptions, fatigue, exhaustion, compulsion, seclusion from society, and a rise in cortisol levels. Anxiety can also cause fears to increase.