1.7 (G) Summary
Learning How To Accept:
- Acceptance is the willingness to tolerate what may be a difficult or unpleasant situation, without struggling with it.
- Learning acceptance of yourself, others, and situations is the KEY to this process.
- Accepting a person does not mean you have to like the person. You are just accepting that person is the way he or she is, so you can move forward.
How We React:
- We can’t change a person, or a situation, but we can alter how we REACT to each.
- It is important to realize how we are feeling, both physically and emotionally, during challenging times.
- Physical and emotional responses are tied together, and will have an affect on our overall well-being. If something happens to us physically, we can be affected emotionally, and vice versa.