1.5 (D) Summary
The Role of Muscle Tension:
- If you become hyper stimulated, the body can be in a constant state of muscle tension. (The body is in constant “protection mode”.)
- We react, depending on how we are feeling at the time.
How Memory is Linked to Stress and Anxiety:
- The mind remembers everything, especially negative situations. So, if the mind feels a similar dangerous sensation that it had before, it will tap back into those negative feelings, and create muscle tension as a tool to help keep you protected.
The Mind and Trauma:
- A trauma is a deeply distressing or disturbing experience.
- Any situation can be deemed a trauma, depending on how harshly the body reacts at the time.